Friday, January 19, 2007

practices

There are a lot of practices that I've either read about or come to on my own. I never really know what to do at any given time, because there's not one practice to fit all situations. Sometimes the impetus for a particular approach seems to come from outside myself, and that seems to be the best, although sometimes "forcing" a practice seems to help, too.

Praying
-Talking to God as an other (usually asking for help with something)
-Talking to God as a way of being honest with myself
Meditating
-Focusing on mind-states as they come and go
-Focusing on nothing
-Breathing
Mindfulness
-Recognizing when I am dishonest with myself
-Recognizing when I am judging people
-Actively accepting things that bother me
-Noticing things that bother me
Relaxation
-Concentrating on body areas
-Relaxing socially
-Focusing on breathing

No comments: